Saturday 26 January 2013

My Spending Ban is Finally Over!!

Now if you are wondering what on earth I am talking about, because maybe you are quite new here then I have been on a 6 month spending ban! OK so recently I may have forgotten about it and I didn't post an update about it in December (naughty me), bu it was Christmas and nobody would want to read about a spending ban then anyway! 



OK so to fill you all in  here is the low down on the ban: spending ban info and here are my previous updates: update 1update 2update 3 and update 4! So here is my update for the last two months!

Ok so for me December was all about paying for the rest of the holiday and then obviously buying Christmas presents. I also got a pay rise in my main job too, which was a surprise and came at a very good time!! The only thing I really bought for myself was a dress for my Christmas party. So after forking out a lot of money paying off the rest of the holiday and buying presents for my family and Robert, I didn't really have any money for buying things for myself anyway! After Christmas I had a week off from work, which was amazing and Robert and I had the house to ourselves as my mum and dad were away in New York! It was a week of relaxing and I didn't spend any money at all really, as I had some Christmas money from family friends, which I used for some food shopping and dinner! I not bought any new beauty products since November, which is fab!! I did buy some clothes from New Look and then ended up buying a new bag a little while ago, but other than that I feel as if I have been very good! I have quite a lot of money too saved up for changing to dollars for the big holiday too! 

It is now less than a month away until we go to California and I am so excited!! So this month will be just getting some bits and pieces for that and then we are still needing to book a hire car and still some tickets for some things we want to do when we are there!

I am so glad that the ban is over, but I don't really think that now it is over that it will make me go and buy things. I will be saving that for the holiday!!! Hehe. There is some things I will need to go and pick up, like a pair of comfy trainers for me to wear while we are there, because we will be walking a lot! I will need to also go and get my hair cut (I have not had it cut since June I think!!!) and I am going to get some gel nails done as well, all for the holiday! 

So if you too are on a spending ban let me know how you are getting on!! A six month spending ban is a very very long one and it shows you that a shorter one can definitely be done! My biggest tip is try not to go near any shops!! Haha, although for me I don't really shop online so if you like shopping online, well I don't know how you will cope... You just have to be persistant and ask yourself, do I really need this! 9 times out of 10 the answer will be no and you just need to use your will power to make you put it back down! I wonder where my will power went when I bought my bag?! Hmmm... Hehe!

Love, Jen x

8 comments:

  1. Well done Jen :D I am trying so hard with my Project 10 Pan (which is kind of like a spending ban) but I feel that with all the nice new launches coming over the next 3 months it might be tough to stick to it!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)Yea i know what you mean it was ok for me cause i was just thinking about things i could get for xmas. now all the spring and summer stuff is on the horizions and that is always the things i like more! lol good luck lovely I'm sure you will do it!! :D

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  2. Well done, you did great!! You must be so excited about your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! and yes I am so so excited!! hehe

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  3. Yay!! So glad you're at the end of your ban and did so well! I've been following this from the start and remembering thinking 'she's brave!' haha!
    Well done lovely!
    Rach rivasoave.blogspot.co.uk xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I know and thank you for that lovely!! Hehe!! I did it yay!!

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  4. Congrats! You must be so relieved that it is over with! Now you can spend :) I really need to do one of these!

    Lauren
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks :) Yea I am! I think I will still be responsible though lol, but maybe buy a few things!! hehe

      Jen xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...