Monday 30 April 2012

Hawaii!! Part 2

Hello or should I say Aloha?! :)

So this post is going to be about the what we got up to Waikiki! Overall we had a lovely relaxing time, but we had some exciting adventures too! Now I have to tell you that I like fish, and I don't mean the eating way ( although I do eat fish), but I mean more in the exotic aquariums way. Hehe and it's because  I do love my animals! So if you don't like fish, then don't look below cause I was going to put a small amount of pictures of them, but I will say only a couple! I will say though that this post is well worth reading!! Here is what I'm going to post about:
  • Visiting Pearl Harbour
  • Submarine Ride
  • Aquarium
  • All Star Pro-Bowl Block Party
Ok so when we decided to go to Pearl Harbour, it was probably about half 12 and we had no idea where it was or how to get there. We did have a map of Waikiki given to us by the hotel and  it pointed in the direction of Pearl Harbour, as it was not placed on the actual map. So Robert thought that it must just be around in that area, yea you can see a mishap coming can't you!? So we walked for a while and it was sooo warm and we were walking  and walking! We then ended up at a shopping centre and there was a bus station. So thankfully we stopped and asked the guy who told you what bus to get on where it was. Well thank goodness we never tried to walk the whole way, because it was miles and miles away from Waikiki! Silly tourists eh?! Haha well I didn't actually think that it was really near Waikiki, but I just went along with Robert.

So we ended up getting on a bus that was to take us by Pearl Harbour. Well we had obviously went on the bus that goes absolutely everywhere before it gets to the stop you want to get off at! I'm not very good on public transport either when in a different country, as I have been on some really random ones! So I was trying to kind of stay calm and just go along with it and Robert knows that I get kinda nervous so he was like it will be ok blah blah blah! Haha so in the end it ended up that he was panicking and I was like its ok we will get there, wondering where this bus was actually going to go!! We did get there eventually (yay!) and I was so relieved! Hehe so by this time it was like 3pm and unbeknown to us the place shuts quite early! The next surprise was that you can't take your bag into the actually complex! I mean I wouldn't mind if they had searched my bag and then went through (like we did in nearly everywhere in New York), but no you have to leave your bag in basically a hut!!!! Yea a hut, which ok I know secuirity and everything, but what if you had a baby with you, you weren't allowed to take any nappy changing stuff or a bottle with you!? I kind of thought that it was really inconvenient and not really very well thought out, but anyways! So for the whole way round I gripped onto the ticket for my bag like my life depended on it, which it did I guess! 

Anyways we quickly decided what we wanted to go and see; first of all we wanted to go to the Missouri ship, which you have to go on a seperate island to get to and you get on a big bus that takes you there! So I waved bye bye to my bag! Haha, honestly its funny now, but I was like oh no! We then came back and went on the submarine, the USS Bowfin. Here are some pictures ( as I was allowed to take my camera!):















On this day I wore:
  • Sunglasses - Accessorize
  • Top - Next
  • Shorts - New Look
  • Sandals - Birkenstock

So when we left we got on a bus, which was I guess the correct bus and took us very quickly back to Waikiki! A very good day was had and Robert especially liked it because he got to go on these amazing things!!

Our next adventure was very exciting!! We got to go on a proper submarine and go look at all the wild fish!! This was just sooo exciting for me and I couldn't wait for this!! I did take so many pictures when I was in the submarine, but they are not very good quality, which is because as you go further down the colours drain away so everything ended up being blue!! It was rather strange!! We went 111ft underwater, which the tour guide lady said was quite a lot! The good thing about this tourist attraction is that they have built reefs (obviously for the tourists and to make money), but this has helped the wild fish in huge amounts. Since they built some of the reefs, the numbers of fish have grown 1000% and in some of the photos I will put below there are hundreds of fish! So I was really glad t see this!! Also the most amazing thing was that we saw 4 green sea turtles!! Yes four!!! They are quite rare and are becoming endangered, so to see these animals thriving here was just awesome!! They also didn't just show us man made reefs, but also reefs that have naturally grown there and we saw really old sunken ship wrecks and also a plane wrecks, which the fish like hanging around in! Pictures of the day below:


Eating a Shave Ice (loved them!!)
Top - Oasis
Bag - Fossil
Skirt - Hollister
Sandals - Next










Thickness of the glass on the submarine! 
Everything was blue!!


Really enjoyed going on the submarine!! The only bad thing is that there were lots of people being sick on the boat to get to the submarine!! It was quite a windy day, so there were a few waves and I don't think some people could handle it very well! Robert and I's good old British  sea faring stomachs were fine though!! Hehe!

Another day we went to this small but amazing little aquarium!! It was very well laid out and had the most amazing little fish (and some big ones too!!). I was really glad to have went there and also I ended up noticing that I had seen some endangered fish that are only native to Hawaii out on the submarine that were also in the aquarium! So it was good to see the wee fish thriving out in the wild!! Here are some pictures:







Ok so on our last night in Hawaii, it was actually the Pro-Bowl Block Party! For those of you who are unsure of what this is, it's a big party in the street before the NFL Pro-Bowl, which was the next day. There were five stages all along Kalakaua Avenue and also hundreds of stalls, selling food and other things! It was a great atmosphere and a really great end to our time in Hawaii! I guess it was just a shame that we never got to stay for the Pro-Bowl game!!







So sorry if that post was really long!! I hope you enjoyed it though! Next up is our adventure in Las Vegas!! :D

Love, Jen x

2 comments:

  1. amazing and really stunning pictures. i love underwater picture. they seem so phenomenal and unforgettable.

    xoxo

    http://www.flirting-with-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, yea I love looking at underwater creatures and taking photos of them :) I had hundreds and hundreds of pics from in the submarine, but you could hardly make some of it out! It was great fun :) xxxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...