Tuesday 11 September 2012

Debenhams Haul! Including My First MAC Product!!

Yup, I did tell you that I would be showing you a little haul this week! Everybody say;

BAD JEN!!!

Oh well... Although I do have an excuse as to why there is a haul on my blog, when I am on a spending ban! I have been getting quite a few spots around my hairline on my forehead, which is the weirdest thing on the planet because I never get spots... like ever (haha total Taylor Swift moment definitely going on here). So obviously as I have no spot removing products at all, I had to buy one! So I instantly though of the Origins Super Spot Remover, which I have read a lot about on various blogs, saying that it was excellent! So after a hunt for it I was sadly unable to get it at any of the shops surrounding me, so it was of to the internet I went! I went onto the Debenhams website, which was on it so I put it in my basket and then noticed a deal where if you spent £30 you get delivery free! So obviously I just had to do that didn't I?!


The Origins Super Spot Remover is definitely something I thought I would never have to buy, but sadly I needed it and so far, so good! I can see why people say it lasts for ages because you only need the tiniest amount! This was £13, which I was quite happy to pay for as for what it does is good value!! I know It is £12 from Boots, but when I was on the Boots website, it was out of stock!

The next thing I popped in the basket was an Illamasqua Intense Lip Gloss in the colour Mistress. Its a really bright orangey coral, bet when you see it on my lips below, turns into a really intense pinky coral. It feels really lovely on the lips, not too sticky and it stays on the lips for a long time too! These lip glosses are usually £14, but some how Debenhams are selling these in a sale for £5.81! So this was the product that brought me just over the £30 that I needed to get free delivery! As it was in the sale, I thought I would be receiving the old style of lip gloss (which has a brush applicator on the lid), but no I got the new style, which is great for applying on the go! I was really surprised!




Mistress is such a gorgeous colour, with shine but no glitter at all. It is very buildable too, so you could layer it up to get an even brighter pop of colour! I think I got a great bargain!!


Now onto my first ever MAC product!!! I was soo excited to put this one in my basket! Hehe! So I went for one of their paint pots in the colour Rubenesque. This colour is described as a golden peach with a gold pearl and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! It really reminds me of rose gold, so if you love anything in rose gold then you should definitely buy this!! I think it will be an amazing base colour or something that could just be worn on its own! Mac paint pots are £14.50.



I couldn't believe how pretty it was when I opened that little pot up!! It is super super soft and really easy to apply! The colour pay off is amazing, but don't expect any glitter within this, it has just an amazing shimmery sheen, which is obviously from the gold pearl.

I am very pleased that this amazing product was my first MAC purchase! Now I promise it will be Christmas before I get another MAC product!! Oh emm gee I can't wait!!! Hope you liked my little haul, which was very naughty of me, sorry spending ban! I will also just say that I picked the totally wrong week to buy that stuff, because right now Debenhams have 10% off all beauty products!! So I suggest if your going to buy something from there buy it now!! Hehe! The delivery was really good too, it said between 3 and 5 days and it came on the third day!

Have you bought any naughty purchases recently? What do you think of my first MAC purchase? Was it a good one? Let me know!!

Love, Jen x

10 comments:

  1. hahahah... Bad Jen.

    Too bad about the spending ban- I know how hard it is!

    I love the mac paint pot you picked- great colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! it was the stupid deal where you could get your delivery free!! damn you deal!! haha! thank you though!! i do love the colour :D

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  2. The paint pot looks great. Such a gorgeous gorgeous colour! I can't wait to get my hands on more MAC either; I only have one product so far :) xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is unbelievable!!! yea i know its so hard trying to resist!! lol but i am going to do it! i will wait until xmas! lol

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  3. Haha, it's funny how the free delivery thing always gets us. To save about £1 we spend about £20 extra....yep, plenty of logic there, haha.
    I am loving your choices though and think I probably would have caved too, I've been after the Origins Spot Remover for weeks now as I seem to have been having a couple of breakouts on my chin and they just won't disappear, so I will be interested to see your thoughts on that.
    Also, I very rarely go for lip glosses as I'm much more of a lipstick kind of girl, but I must say, that Illamasqua one looks like an absolute beauty, and one I'd be willing to make a complete exception for!
    Hope you're well lovely :)
    Mel xx

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea i know delivery costs £3!!!!! but oh no Jen had to go and spend another £20 instead!! haha i have no idea where the logic for that comes from!!!
      The Origins product is actually great. you put it on before bed and in the morning it is away! so yea i think it is worth the £13! The lip gloss actually reminds me of a lipstick when it is on!! so I think you would love the illamasqua ones!
      Thank you love! Hope your all good too :D

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  4. OPPSSS!!!! We all have to bend the rules now and then! I love the glittery, shimmery nude colour, love MAC! I need to break my mac virginity!!

    Lauren

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea i know oops indeed!!! oh you really do! lol it took me long enough! cannot wait to get my next mac fix! which will definitely not be before xmas!! haha

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the paint pots. I wear bear study every day for work and I have a dark grey one for when I do smokey eyes. This looks like such a pretty colour. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of Rubenesque! it is just such a pretty one!! I have heard quite a lot about bear study! Hopefully this paint pot is just as good as yours :)

      Jen xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...