Monday 17 September 2012

Do You Believe In Spirits?

Hi girls! I hope you all had a good weekend!

My weekend was kind of a mixed bag, as it was Robert's Nana's funeral on Saturday, which was obviously a sad occasion. She had been ill though so I guess everyone was prepared for it. She died a week ago today and the weirdest thing happened to Robert, which is why I am asking a question in the title.

Robert has got a brand new phone, only a couple of weeks old and he has got used to how to work it and what not. All was good with his phone. Until Monday morning, Robert had set his alarm on his phone for 6.30am as usual, but when it went off he put it on snooze for a while, as everybody does!! His alarm suddenly went off at 6.47am, so he tried to switch it off, no luck, the alarm kept on going, after trying to swipe the screen (it's a touch screen phone), he then ended up trying to switch the whole phone off and that still took a minute with the alarm still ringing all the way until the screen went black. Now obviously we were both thinking what on earth was up with it!! Any way we just went back for a little snooze and then Robert got up for work. Robert then phoned me about an hour later saying that his Nana had died.... and her death certificate said 6.47am. I think I was a little shocked to say the least, I mean no way could that be a coincidence!! I think his Nana must of been thinking of Robert as she died and then her spirit has passed through his phone to let him know that. What do you girls think? It is quite creepy right?

I do think that things like this happen all the time and people just don't realise it or realise that it actually means something. Like when I went onto work on Saturday after the funeral (yes I know I probably should not have been at work, but I didn't want to ask for the day off!) and on the shop floor, were these big pink glass diamond shaped paperweights, that I know Nana would have had bought one of them if she had seen it! She had so many of them all around her living room. It was really weird to see them in the shop I work in, as we have never sold paperweights like it before! I mean what are the chances that they just happen to be in the shop the day of Nana's funeral?! Oh and by the way I bought one of them and we are going to put it at her grave, just because!


Also, Robert's mum was at the hospital when Nana died and his mum could hear a banging, when she asked the nurses what it was they said they could not hear anything and then a couple of minutes later Nana died. Its weird I think that a spirit can touch us in such a way, but I completely think that it happens to many people, when they lose someone and even when they have been gone for a while they still can remind you. Such as when the clock in my room, just stopped randomly. I never realised it had stopped, but I am so sure it stopped on the 5th of February, which was exactly a year after my precious cat died. I was at work when she died and I think it was her trying to let me know what time it had happened. If you want to know what happened to my precious Jess then click here! The time on the clock, would actually correspond to what time my dad got home and then him getting to the vets with Jess. It would probably work out exactly at 5.09!


Little Jess xxx

So has anything like this ever happened to you? I totally believe in the saying of "everything happens for a reason", because I think this kind of thing happens a lot, but people just don't ask  the question of why is my phone acting weird or why has my clock stopped. I know a lot of this kind of thing has happened to me, but I have just forgotten about it. Last Monday before any of this happened with Robert's Nana, Robert's mum had phoned his dad asking him to come and pick her up , because she had felt she had been in the hospital for too long. When he got there instead of going straight along the corridor to the lifts, he walked away down the wrong corridor (which was where Nana had been the last time she was in hospital). He then realised and walked back and went up the lift. When he got to the ward, Nana had just died. Now if he had went the correct way to the ward, Nana would have been on her own when she died, as Robert's mum and dad would have been walking out of the hospital by that time. It is just so obvious that this happened so that Nana would not have been on her own and she would still have her daughter beside her! 

It is just so strange, isn't it?! Although I really like that feeling of there is some greater power of spirits making things like his happen. Just so you know, I do not believe in God, so I do not think that this is happening because of that. I believe that when your loved ones leave you they look after you. I totally believe that Jess is looking after me, like my guardian angel. 

What do you girls think? Have you ever had any strange things happen to you and then you have realised exactly why it has happened?! Do you believe in spirits? I would love to hear your stories!

Love, Jen x

7 comments:

  1. Yes I really do think my Poppa (granda) is watching over me. I honesty believe that! I really want to get a reading done. But no one else ever seems to want too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally believe it too :D I have never been to a reading before but it is something that does intrigue me. but i do get scared away by fakes. if you go to someone who only know you by your first name and does not ask you any questions but just tells you things then i think it is amazing! i would love to hear what they said about me!! hehe

      Jen xxx

      Delete
    2. Yeah I know what you mean! I might try and drag my sister along to one. I've heard there are loads in the Durham area!! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I kind of believe in spirits. I want to know more about ghosts, and go into a haunted house with a team of experts (got a date!) so hopefully that will help me!

    I hope Robert is ok

    Lauren

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey! Aww wow that sounds awesome! i would love to do something like that but i think i would be too scared!! hehe

      thanks for asking about Robert :) yea he is doing fine we were prepared i guess :)

      Jen xxx

      Delete
  3. Oo I've just come across your lovley blog and this post caught my eye :)
    I definitely agree, it so strange how these things happen, yet you try to think of all other possibilites to what happened, but there just are no other explanations.

    I've found it comforting in a strange way knowing and liking to think that they want to know that they are there :)

    alex
    xoxo

    honeyteaandbiscuits.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for following me :) i totally know what you mean!! its nice to know that I am not the only one who thinks its nice!! :D

      Jen xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, they make my day and I will always reply! Let me know what you think of my post :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...